Saturday, June 6, 2009

Freaking Out

Studying for the bar is making me crazy. If I think about things logically (our state has an easy bar; an 89% passage rate or something like that) I stop panicking for a few minutes. Then I do a couple of multiple choice questions and realize that I know nothing. 

I'm wondering if the bar prep course that I'm taking (it shall remain nameless, but it's a popular one...so....) was a waste of my time and money. The lectures are not cementing the law into my head at all. I think that I would have been better off buying the materials from a previous student and studying them on my own. That is how I usually learn best. Driving to class during rush hour and then sitting in class for 3.5 hours each day is burning me out. But I work for the bar prep company as a "bouncer" at the classes, so I have to attend everyday. At least I'm getting paid? 

I'm worried that I won't learn everything that I need to learn in time. I definitely don't want to take this exam more than once, so today I decided that I basically need to cut all non-work and non-bar exam studying social obligations for the rest of my summer. I'm glad that I had a fun weekend last weekend. I am "allowed" to go to my friend's upcoming bridal shower, see another friend once while he is in town this month, and that is about it. I don't want to be part of the 11% that doesn't pass. After three years of law school, what's another 2 months of studying? My summer vacation will start at the end of July this year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment