Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's been a little over a month since I've posted anything. It was a busy month, though. We got a lot of snow, and had a lot of bad weather here. E and I also took a cruise, and got home a week before Christmas. The day before Christmas Eve, when I was driving home from work, I was rear-ended. I ended up having whiplash, and am still dealing with some pain and appointments from that. I feel very lucky, though, because no one was seriously injured.

As for Christmas itself, due to the weather, our celebrating plans had to change. E and I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day together, but alone (except for RatDog of course). It was actually really nice. We got to go to the candlelight service on Christmas Eve. Then, on Christmas Day we made food, reorganized our house, and went to see Avatar 3-D. When we came home, we ate the food that we had made earlier that day, and played board games. It was a lot of fun.

I'm not going to comment much about a certain Christmas party that took place after Christmas, because this is a public blog... but let's just say that the party that we hosted on the Sunday after Christmas was not what we had hoped, due to the attitudes of 2 people in particular. Although some people don't want to have a positive attitude towards life, my goal is to ALWAYS keep a positive attitude. Unfortunately, I don't always live up to this goal. Negative and crabby people aren't very fun to be around, though, in my opinion. Luckily, the night after our not-so-fun post-Christmas event, we hosted a dinner party for a couple of E's friends from college and their wives/girlfriends, and that was a lot of fun.

E and I both got new running shoes for Christmas. We have been doing all of our running in those new shoes on a treadmill at the gym, because we are not courageous enough to run in this weather. One positive part about working out at the gym: the sauna. The sauna sure feels nice compared to the weather outside :)

I hope that everyone had a great holiday season, and that you are having a great 2010!



No comments:

Post a Comment