Sunday, December 6, 2009

Beef Stroganoff and Black Bean & Corn Creamchiladas

Beef Stroganoff
  • Yum! E loved this, and RatDog took his dinnertime begging to a new level when I made this.
  • I didn't bother making the house seasoning, because I didn't want to have to store it. Instead, I just mixed up a little bit of salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Easy enough. Don't make the mistake that one commenter made; they used ALL of the house seasoning in this recipe, and ended up with a WAY over-salted (1 cup of salt) dish.
  • We served the beef stroganoff over mashed potatoes instead of egg noodles, because after Thanksgiving a big bag of potatoes was on sale at Target for 50 cents. What a deal :)
  • I also used low-sodium cream of mushroom soup.
  • This was an easy-to-prep recipe; it was great to make after work.
  • I really liked the sharp flavor of the low-fat cream cheese. E didn't love it as much as I did, but he does not love cheese the way that I do.
  • I forgot to cover it before baking it, so the tortillas got a little crispy and (lightly) browned. It was still good.
  • I didn't love the taste of the roma tomatoes on the top. Next time I might just top them with pre-made (and probably less healthy) salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment