Sunday, January 31, 2010

We tried out a new cookbook...

We used one of our Christmas gifts, a Barnes and Noble gift card, to purchase "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. Here is a link to it.

We are not in love with this cookbook. The recipes are good (not amazing), but most of them require a lot of prep work, and the results are just average. We got this cookbook because we were hoping to find some healthy crockpot recipes that we could make somewhat quickly since I am busy with my new business, part-time job, and my extra-curricular activities, and E is busy with work, working overtime, and school. Instead, the required prep work makes me dread making a lot of the recipes in this cookbook. Also, the recipes generally don't have someone with an 8-hour (or longer) workday in mind, and the cooking times are a little difficult to work with. I like the idea behind this cookbook, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment