Wednesday, August 26, 2009

40 and 7

Since the bar exam (and since I had to resign from my previous job) I have applied to 40 jobs. I have been rejected by 7 of those jobs. Well, I have been expressly rejected by 7; who knows how many others have rejected me already, but haven't told me about the rejection.

I'm not complaining. I'm proud of myself for applying to 40 jobs. The first 20 jobs that I applied to were major "reach" jobs; my dream jobs. Now that I've applied for those, I can't say that I never tried.

Today I received a rejection from a job that I had interviewed for. I am typically a good interviewer, but I felt a little "off" at this interview. Even though it would have been nice to have this job (a job, period) it really wasn't the best job for me and my "skill set."

When I graduated from undergrad in December of 2003, the economy wasn't doing so hot (although it was nothing compared to now). I got a job in my field then. Hopefully I will be able to prove myself a second time - during the Great Recession.

No comments:

Post a Comment