Sunday, December 6, 2009

Trying some recipes out for Christmas

E and I will be hosting Christmas for his family this year. We experimented with a couple of recipes to see if either one would work for Christmas dinner. It's going to be a tough decision :)

  • E loves lasagna, and I love goat cheese, so this recipe was pretty much perfect for us.
  • I followed the recipe almost exactly, except that I used dried parsley and basil instead of fresh, because I wanted to freeze half of the lasagna, and I don't think that fresh herbs always freeze that well. I've noticed that sometimes frozen basil in a tomato sauce gets a slight metallic flavor.
  • I followed the recipe exactly. I served it with extra barbecue sauce and thought it was delicious.
  • Basically it's comfort food at its finest :)
We are leaning towards serving the crockpot pulled pork at our Christmas celebration because it definitely was less work than the turkey lasagna was, and it might be more kid-friendly than turkey lasagna. Also, we want to make things as simple as possible, because the holidays can be a lot of work :)


No comments:

Post a Comment