Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Little Late to the Party

E & I Netflixed the movie Hotel Rwanda and watched it during a study break on Thursday. Holy cats! I put that movie on my "to think about list" whenever I am feeling sorry for myself. We were "a little late to the party" because that movie came out in 2004 or 2005, and it's 2009. 

I also had my first day of work on Thursday. It went well. My boss said that he will be very flexible about my schedule while I am studying for the bar; that it will just be a good time for me to get "trained in" and to learn the ropes. I feel a lot better knowing that it will not be high pressure in the beginning. I think I will really like working with him and with our clients. 

We celebrated my birthday yesterday. I started the morning off by trying to study at a coffee shop. I over-caffeinated and had a hard time concentrating, in part because it was my birthday :) E & I went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant. It was nice; it was good for E to take the day off from going to doctor's appointments with his dad, and it was just a lot of fun. 

We also went furniture shopping. We need to move E's closet into our bedroom so that way we will have a true home office for me to use. We were considering buying all new furniture for our bedroom, and found a set that we liked. But we just couldn't get past the price. We decided that we are just going to buy a cheap (maybe used if we can find one) white or cream dresser/cabinet for our bedroom, and stick with our current non-matching furniture theme. It's more "green" of us to not buy new furniture too :) 

We had been toying with the idea of going on a post bar exam vacation; we have quite a few airline miles saved up, and they will be expiring soon. We booked a vacation this morning, but we won't be going until later on in the year. The cost of this vacation is about 1/3 of the cost of buying new bedroom furniture; it wasn't a tough decision :) We have also used up about half of our airline miles now. So we will probably be taking another cheap trip in the near future :) It is TBD.



No comments:

Post a Comment