Monday, May 25, 2009

Graduation & Psychic El Caminos

Last Sunday I graduated. Thank God law school is over! Of course the day after graduation we started bar prep courses, so I didn't get too much time to enjoy a school-free life :) I definitely will enjoy not having school after the bar exam, though. 

I've spent most of the holiday weekend with a cold/allergies. I even had an asthma attack during church on Sunday. I need to go to the doctor so I can get a new prescription for my inhaler because this one is almost used up :) 

My boss took all of next week off from work, so that means I get the week off too. I'm really happy about that. I love my job, but I need a week to get reorganized after finals, graduation, etc. I will still have bar prep class every morning, but at least I will have the afternoons free to get things done.

In other news: E got all of his transfer documents completed, and he is officially a junior in college! That is great news, because that means the end is in sight. I'm so proud of him :) Depending on how this semester goes, there is a good chance that he will be done with his undergrad degree by the end of the Fall semester of 2011. He's a little nervous about whether he will like his classes and be able to keep up with a heavy courseload while working. I know that he will have no problem. 

Yesterday, at Target, we bought some lounge chairs for our deck. We drove E's car (a Chevy Aveo). We weren't really thinking about how we were going to get those chairs home, I guess. We got the chairs out to the parking lot, and tried to fit the chairs in his car. No luck. Suddenly, I had a thought: I knew that it was Sunday and a lot of people had probably just been at church. After all, we had just been at church (until my asthma attack). I knew that someone would offer to help us out, and my thought was that it would probably be someone who had just heard a sermon at church and wanted to help out a stranger. Maybe their pastor had discussed Hebrews 13:2 during the sermon; who knows? :) 

Right after I had this thought, a man who was driving an El Camino approached us. He asked us if the chairs were going to fit in our car. E said, "No. We're just going to go home and pick up our other car." I wondered if these chairs would even fit in our other car; a small Saturn.

The man looked at me and said, "I can put the chairs in the back of my car if you would like. I will follow you to your house; is it far from here?"

I looked down and saw that he was wearing a cross necklace. I decided that I must be psychic :) 

The man and his wife helped load our chairs into their car and then followed us to our house. They dropped off the chairs, we thanked them and we offered them a drink. They declined and they left. E was embarrassed, but I felt like the whole thing was supposed to happen. I don't know why it was supposed to happen, but it was a nice coincidence. I'm very grateful; an El Camino is perfect for hauling lounge chairs :) And we really enjoyed our lounge chairs yesterday; it was perfect deck weather. 



No comments:

Post a Comment