Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spinach-Artichoke Dip

E & I have a mini crockpot (The Little Dipper) and it is perfect for making this dip. It has a 16 oz. capacity. Yesterday I was craving Spinach-Artichoke Dip; I think it was the weather. Here is what I came up with:

Ingredients:
  • ½ of an 8 oz. pckg of cream cheese (cubed)
  • ½ box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
  • 1 clove of garlic, chopped
  • ½ can of artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
  • ½ cup of shredded cheese (either use Parmesan OR we used a 3-cheese Italian blend)
  • 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
Directions:
1) Combine all ingredients in the Little Dipper.
2) Cover and heat. Stir after ½ hour (if you’re around)
3) You can leave it on for about 3 hours (or I did, at least).
4) Serve with crackers, chips, bread, or veggies.

NOTE: I left mine on for 3 hours while I was at class, and came home to some WONDERFUL spinach artichoke dip. We also have some leftovers: ½ a pckg of cream cheese, ½ can of artichoke hearts and ½ box of frozen spinach, so it looks like I will be making this again soon. Sounds good to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment