Monday, April 20, 2009

A Few More Recipes

Spicy Ranch Oven Fried Potato Wedges and Boneless Buffalo Chicken Tenders
  • This was a pretty easy meal to make. The blog from which I got the recipe gives instructions on how to make both of them at the same time :)
  • The only thing that I would change about the potato wedges is that I would use sweet paprika instead of smoked paprika. I'm not really a fan of the flavor of smoked paprika. Also we got the ranch seasoning from Penzey's instead of using Hidden Valley.
  • The buffalo chicken tenders were really good. E & I love buffalo wings, but they aren't very healthy for you. These are at least baked, and not fried. They tasted really good fresh out of the oven, but the next day (as leftovers) they were kind of soggy. But I still ate them :)
Beef Stew
  • We followed this recipe, except for one thing: we didn't add celery. We had all of the ingredients (except for the beef) at our house, so it was a good recipe for us to use to clean out our pantry.
  • It turned out really good, and while it was cooking, RatDog became obsessed with sniffing the air and walking over into the kitchen by the crockpot. When I ate it as a leftover the next day, RatDog ran all the way from the bedroom into the kitchen and started jumping and begging for it :) It was pretty cute.
Southwestern Chicken Wontons
  • These were good (something different), although E had to make them by himself because I had a lot of homework. He said that dealing with the wonton wrappers was a big pain.
  • He used a little less cilantro than the recipe called for.
  • I ate mine with ranch dressing :)
Yellow cupcakes with chocolate icing
  • A couple of weeks ago, during a very boring class, I got a MAJOR craving for cupcakes. I found this recipe and decided to try it out when I got home.
  • The batter itself was delicious, but something went wrong when I baked them. They turned out super dense and were just blah. I am guessing that I messed something up, but I won't be using this recipe again.
  • The chocolate icing turned out delicious. It was E's favorite part :) Once I find a better cupcake recipe, I will probably use the icing recipe again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment